Using our Proposal to Award Management system
Find out how to prepare your budget, and the internal approval processes, for research funding applications using PAM, our internal costing system.
The Proposal to Award Management (PAM) system is used to cost up grant applications, submit these costs for internal approval, and set up the costs for new awards. Externally-funded research proposals must be approved through PAM, before they are submitted to the funder.
The most commonly used funder schemes are in the system. However, if your funder or scheme does not appear in the list when you are setting up your project contact Pre-Award. Allow 24 hours’ notice if you require a new scheme to be set up.
Log onto PAM (system is within Agresso Web). You will need to be on campus, or using VPN, to access PAM.
If you cannot see 'PAM' in the menu or an Administrator requires access, request access to PAM using the TopDesk form.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- navigation overview
- access and main menu screens
- project setup wizard
- creating a costing
- approving a costing
- using tabs for project setup screens
- using the advanced costings search
- approving an award
- assessing differences in amounts awarded
As with the costing approval, Ethical approval through the University’s research ethics process, needs to be in place, and linked to your PAM costing, pre-submission of an externally-funded full-stage research proposal. Outline applications do not require ethical approval.
Funder and University-requirements for a full-stage application for external research funding, even where Bath is not leading the proposal.
You can start the online ethics form at any time. However, do include the PAM reference number (21-xxxxx) when submitting your online EIRA1 ethics form for approval.
PAM system: what it does and how it helps you
- it creates a unique PAM ID reference number for each costing created
- you can generate costing reports (including a ‘Je-S’ report) to easily extract the details, to populate your funding application form
- your submitted applications and your approved awards feed into your PURE record
- application and award costs all in one place: funder costs, DA staff costs, DI staff costs, students costs, equipment costs, facilities costs, non-staff costs, FEC costs and price breakdown
- summary of project information that includes; project titles, PI/coIs, departments, funders, external partners and individual costings
- automated application and award costing approval workflows – submitting an application for internal approval, and approving your award costing
- PI email notifications when costing approved by your Head of Department
- access to the online ethics form (EIRA 1)
- automated ethics form approval workflow
- professional service notifications for HR and Data Storage
- internal RIS notifications to the Pre-Award and Post Award teams
- additional tabs for information related to; University review, contracts, mandatory fields and award management
- online approval forms for studentships (LURS) and equipment contributions (EQR1) link to PAM
PAM problems and support
The Pre-Award team in RIS is here to support researchers with research funding applications and awards, and all training on how to use PAM.
All issues, whether user or technical, should be reported to Pre-Award who will assess the issue and, if necessary, will follow up with the DDAT Help Desk.